Πέμπτη, 9 Μαΐου 2013

Designed as a rivière of twenty-four cushion-shaped rubies alternating with twenty-four similarly shaped diamonds, mounted in silver and gold, accompanied by the original worksheet listing the weights of the stones and stating that four rubies and four diamonds were added to lengthen the original necklace on 24th October 1884. ~ Sotheby’s.


Beautiful sapphire & diamond pendant / brooch by Marcus & Co circa 1900 via Sothebys .com